From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where i can find exemples for PXI-2564 relay module

hello,

I'm beginner in PXI module using.

I bought a PXI solution for use it as a custom instrument.
My aim is to read RTDs and command some line using relays.
So i take the system below:

NI PXIe 1071

PXI-8100

PXIe-4357

PXI-2564

I can see all the material on NI MAX.
In MAX, i can read RTD a channel value and can operate relays.

i have read and practice exercice on "Getting started with Labview RT module" and all it works,But i don't find any resources or exemple to deal with relay card or read RTD.

I have try to access it using "visa connect" and this step works, but what must i do to go further.

In a first time i want to swap relay position, by reading position, invert value ,set position and return the value.

And for RDT i'll want to make a simple measure and make a average a N measure for 1 or all input.

Can you give me some exemple or trick?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,490 Views)

Hello,

What software do you use? what version?

Have you look into the LabVIEW Example Research with KeyWord "Relay". There are examples with NI-DAQmx and niSwitch drivers.

Thanks

Brice S.
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,469 Views)

for programming de PXI-8100 i use labview RT.

i have try to use ni-switch but i have a error message because ni-switch don't work with labview RT.

i have try to search exemple in LV with "relay,2564,etc etc " and i don't find any exemple.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,467 Views)

Open LabVIEW, select Help>>Find Examples. On the Browse tab click Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx>>Switch>>Immediate operations and choose one of the examples. Most of them can be run on Real Time. 

Hope this helps

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,459 Views)