Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where do I get BorlandC_gpib for ni4882.h?

Hi again!

I'm currently still trying to use ib-functions within a C++ program to control/read an electrometer.

I'm using C++ and everything is already set up, except the definitions for the ib-functions!

The declarations are in the ni4882.h-File, however, I can't find a valid "BorlandC_gpib-32.obj"-File.

I already found a sample-program, however it was fr ni488.h and ibsta(), iberr() and ibcnt() were still not defined with that one.

Does anybody know where I can get this file or the right one to ni4882.h?

I'm using C++-Builder XE2 for this.

Regards,

Julian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,218 Views)

I found out, that ni488.h works with BorlandC_gpib.obj found in the NI-Software-Folder, given you installed an older version.

However, the newer ni4882.h needs a ni4882.obj, found also in this Folder from the new version:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompilerSupport\C\lib32\borland

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,205 Views)

Have you get the solutions? Recently, I want to control the GPIB interface withe the CBC6.0 and the XE4,.But it failed, I have added the ni4882.h and the ni4882.obj. also the decl-32.h and the gpib32.obj. but cpp file can not open the ni4882.h in the CBC6.0.

in the XE4, it is strange that 

int deviceID=ibdev(0,LakeshoreAddress,0, T3s,1,0);

ibwrt (deviceID, "*idn?", 35);

it faield also and the input string "*idn?" cannot be passed

[bcc32 Error] .cpp(49): E2342 Type mismatch in parameter 'buf' (wanted 'void *', got 'const char *')

could you help me. thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,935 Views)