Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where can i find ni4882.h for gcc compiler?

I have c code compiled on MS visual Studio 2010. Now I need to recompile same code with gcc. But I think ni4882.h is not being linked correctly. Where can I find ni4882.h for gcc compiler? I am using MingW on my windows 8 PC.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,665 Views)

Why do you think, that ni4882.h isn't linked correctly ? Are there error messages ?

Correcly spoken ni4882.h  isn't linked. The header file is included by the preprocessor into the source code before running the compiler.

And later the library ( .lib file ) is linked  to the objectcode generated by the compiler. But you will usually need to specify on the compiler command line which library needs to be linked . And maybe also where to find the library ( IIRC gcc uses the -l and -L switches for that purpose)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,646 Views)

I am getting errors like these:

undefined reference to `SendIFC@4'
 undefined reference to `Ibsta@0'
 undefined reference to `FindLstn@16'
 undefined reference to `Ibcnt@0'
 undefined reference to `DevClearList@8'
 undefined reference to `SendList@20'
 undefined reference to `Receive@20'
 undefined reference to `Ibcnt@0'

Can you suggest what should be right approach to compile my c code with gcc?i thought i need right ni4882.h for gcc compiler.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,637 Views)

Hi,

I found some older forum posts that I think might be of interest. I hope it helps.

How Can I Use The NI-DAQmx ANSI C Function Library With GCC (on Windows)?:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/How-Can-I-Use-The-NI-DAQmx-ANSI-C-Function-Library-With-GC...

- Kale

Message 4 of 4
(4,602 Views)