Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visa read timeout error -1073807339

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All

I'm trying to do an autoscale command on a Agilent (Keysight) DSO-A4034A connected over ethernet.

But for some reason I get a timeout error. when cheking for system errors.

I have set up the visa session in "MAX" and use the name of the instrument session to call it in the VI.

I have based these VIs on the instrument driver from Agilent. and I can do all the other stuff I need to do without errors. EI. setup measurements Aqusition type read data and so on without error.

The error is generated by the read command just after the ": SYST:ERR?" command in the error query VI.

I have updated the firmware of the scope and upgrated to VISA 15.0.1 but so far without luck.

When I turn on "execution highlight" there is no problem...

Is there anybody that can give me some pointers as to where to look for this fault? All help would be gratefully recived.

/Regards Rasmus

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,819 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Rasmus.Olesen

@Rasmus.Olesen wrote:

When I turn on "execution highlight" there is no problem...

That just screams "Timing Issue".  Add a small wait between your autoscale command and the error check.  It is likely that the oscilloscope does not look at incoming commands when it is performing the autoscale.  So you need to wait for it to do the job.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(5,809 Views)

Hi crossrulz

I tried that but only with 1000ms. turns out it needs atleast 1300 to be stable.

Thanks

/Rasmus

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,806 Views)