From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visa is not working with application builder

I made an application with old serial communication Vi and then an application builder. today it has some problems during acquisition in CSV file. Some points are "crazy points".Today I want to use VISA but to have a better control, the communication seems to be OK but when I make an application with application builder, it doesn't communicate anymore.
I'm not sure that VISA wll solve the acquisition problem.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,881 Views)
Did you install NI-VISA with the executable?

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,881 Views)
If you are building the exe on the your development machine and porting it to a target machine, then the first test is if the exe runs on the development machine. If it does, that means the exe was built correctly. If it runs on the development machine but not the target machine, then that means you have missing or non-matching drivers or support files on the target machine.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,881 Views)