From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visa installation

I'm trying to make a self executable file to install a labview stand alone application. This one requires the visa runtime engine, so following the application note instructions I'd created a batch file. The problem now is that installer first setup the VI application, then when is the visa instaler time, it stops and seems can't go on. I'd also tried to install the two applications manually and things go the rigth way.

What do you think about, can you suggest me something else otherwise a good cup of coffee?

Thank you for your attention

Chyrus
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,702 Views)
Hello, Chyrus.

First, I wanted to make sure that you've seen this KB entry as it goes into a lot of detail regarding what you're trying to do:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/940218C86275330A86256BBA0074780E

That being said, do you think you could post your .bat file for us to take a look at? It's usually helpful to use "ECHO" statements to check to see if the batch file got to a certain point. For example:

ECHO Got past app installer, proceeding to VISA >> TEMP.TXT

ECHO Got past VISA installer! >> TEMP.TXT

That way you'll get a file in the same directory as the batch file that tells you what has executed, or if the BAT for some reason hung in the installation. You can also remove the @ECHO OFF
line at the top of the file; this will allow you to see the commands as they are being executed in the command prompt window.

What OS are you on?

Scott B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,702 Views)