Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visa error 1073807346

I could not find that option, I?m using LabView 5.0.1.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,797 Views)
This may be a result of an outdated system. Is it possible to try this using LabVIEW 6.1?

Randy Solomonson
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,797 Views)
Also, adding the line SyncVISA=False in LabVIEW.ini, should make the VISA calls all synchronous. This is equivalent to doing a "Do I/O Synchronously" in LabVIEW 6.1.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,797 Views)
This change in line is for Labview 5.0.1 correct ?
Also I have the demo version for Labview 6i, can I test the program with this ?

BCU
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,797 Views)
Yes, 5.0.1. The demo should support the right-clicking described earlier.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,797 Views)
The version 5.0.1 has the same error after the change in the ini file, and the demo version aborts after 34 test with the next message ? Your VI?s have been aborted because the execution time limit for the evaluation version was reached ?.

BCU
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,797 Views)
How did LabVIEW 6 work?
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,797 Views)
Apparently I need to make some changes in my program to get it working 100% but it runs, now I have the problem after 127 runs and the evaluation version only let me do 34 I'm including the warnings file that I get with Version 6, but even if I try to correct this warnings I couldn't reach the 127 runs that I need to check if it's working fine

BCU
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,797 Views)

@Dan Mondrik wrote:
BCU:

The error means that somehow the session refnum is not open. This means 1 of 2 things:

1) Something closed the session without your knowledge. This is unlikely but not impossible if you don't know what each VI is doing. Perhaps you could watch the calls in NI Spy (if you are on Windows) to see when the session gets closed.
2) Are you opening and closing the session on each loop? If so, possibly there is an error when you try to re-open it on a given loop. If you want to avoid the extra open/close, LabVIEW can manage the session for you - just use the refnum and don't close it explicitly. LabVIEW will hold the session open and reuse it until you close LabVIEW. This is not the best programming technique but it may help to workaround your pr
oblem.

Hope this helps,
Dan Mondrik
Senior Software Engineer, NI-VISA
National Instruments

I get the same error for VISA 3.2
I have a very simple Visa write to aE4432 Signal Generator, which worked before very good. Suddenly an error occurs which I cannot understand :" Error -1073807346 occurred at VISA Write in Setting Generator.vi;Possiblereason(s):VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF000E) The given session or object reference is invalid."

But when I am using the NI-488.2 Communicator with the same SCPI syntax, it works right away. I chose the right Instrument handler address from the pull up menu of the controller.
Thanks
Yariv
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,779 Views)
I noticed that the last time you posted to this forum was in 2002. How much of your system changed since then? Have you upgraded your version of LabVIEW? What version of NI-488.2 are you using? Do you have a Spy capture that catches the error? Please let me know, and we'll go from there.

-Logan S.

Message Edited by LoganS on 03-18-2005 09:31 AM

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,773 Views)