From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

viewing spectrum analyzer on LabView

I am using LabView 7.0 with agilent(HP) E4403B spectrum analyzer.

I have no problem controling and getting measurements.

How can I get on LabView the screen of the spectrum analyzer? I mean to see the screen just like if I was looking at the device itself?

Tzviel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,877 Views)
Hi Tzviel,

I don't have any experience with this device in LabVIEW, but are you using the instrument driver? You can find that here. There are several example VI's with this driver and there might be one here for what you are wanting to do. Please repost if you have questions with the driver. Thanks!

JenK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,852 Views)
I don't understand what is the problem. If you have no problems controlling and getting measurements, then it would seem that everything is working okay. Is there a problem with data not matching or something else?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,849 Views)
I meant that I can send commands to the device and receive data (as numbers).

The device is in a closed place,not near me and I want to have the display screen of the device on the LabView front panel.it should apear as a waveform graph but will be the actual screen of the device.

I hope it is more clear.

Tzviel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,841 Views)
I'm still not sure I understand. If you're using the driver, then you should look at the VI called "agesa Acquire Y Trace Example". The trace data, along with t0 and dt, are wired to a waveform graph and displayed. If you're not using the driver, what are you doing to acquire the data. Is your data received an array?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,829 Views)
Until now I wrote VIs that send GPIB commands as strings (like the GPIB example) ,and I received measurments from the device as strings or numbers.

I have installed this driver and found the example but when I try to run it I get an error (-1073807339).

I have entered into the subVIs to try and run the initialize VI or any one of the VIs and also got the same error.

do you have an idea?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,818 Views)
That's a timeout error. The read did not happen. This is an IVI driver so you have to make sure that all of the IVI components are installed. I think they should be on your LabVIEW drivers CD but you can also download them from the Instrument Driver Network.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,806 Views)
Hi Tzviel,

Check out this KB on timeout errors. At the bottom of this KB there are links to other related documents on VISA timeout errors.

What version of NI-VISA do you have installed?

JenK
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,795 Views)