Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

value increment

Hi,
I wish to create a VI that writes from a pulse generator with differential outputs, values of frequency between 210MHz and 670MHz with increment of 10MHz. Then read from the scope using a comparison express vi comparing the frequencies of the two waveforms. I have tried using a sequence structure with a while loop in each step. when the comparison gives a true value, the loop condition is met and the sequence structure carries on with the next step. However by using a visa write, I/O assistant and a Comparison VI in each step the vi file is huge (90mb with about 52 sequences).
SO is there perhaps an increment capability which allows me to increase the frequency by 10 until it reaches 670MHz without using a sequence structure?
You guys have be
en really helpful so far, I know you wont let me down!
Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,721 Views)
I happen to think that a single sequence is unneccessary but 52? It's really pretty simple to do what you want with a while loop and a shift register. Initialize the shift register with a value of 200 and inside the while loop, add 10 to it with each loop iteration. Terminate the while loop when your max value is reached. I've attached a picture to give you an idea.
Message 2 of 2
(2,721 Views)