From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vacuum pump interface

hiii......

I am using labview 2012 and want to serially interface Agilent twisstorr  304 FS AG vacuum pump controller with VISA  using RS 232 but I am not getting any response...anyone could help me ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,123 Views)
You have not provided nearly enough information. What are you using to try and get a response? What command? Where is the programming manual? Have you confirmed the cable is correct? Have you confirmed the instrument is configured correctly? Have you tried a different program such as hyperterminsl or putty? Have you contacted Agilent?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,119 Views)

thanks for your response....

I want control the agilent vacuum  pump controller with the help of labview like start, stop, soft start and soft stop etc  and monitor the various parameters. 

and for this we have to send characters like A for start, B for stop etc...

I am  sending these characters  with the help of  VISA  architecture using RS 232. after running my VI I am not getting any response even error too..

I have checked the cabletoo and it is absolutely fine.

yes I have configured the  controller in serial mode..

yes I send mail agilent too and waiting for response.... 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,106 Views)
Without the code or the manual, I can only guess that you are not appending the correct termination character to your command. That is typically ca carriage return or line feed.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,100 Views)