Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to communicate with HP 4155A and 4284A

trying to communicate with HP 4155A and 4284A not successful says I/O express not installed correctly when in LV but communicates well in MAX..I am a novice at LV and GPIB interface and would like to see how I can learn more any help is good...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,574 Views)
Hello Aloomba �

It appears that the Instrument I/O Express VI is not working in your version of LabVIEW. If you are using LabVIEW Version 7.0 Express Student Edition, this KnowledgeBase will give you instructions on how to download and install essential drivers. The Instrument I/O Assistant also requires NI-VISA to be installed prior to use. Download the latest version of NI-VISA here.

If you are interested in learning more about LabVIEW and GPIB, National Instruments offers training worldwide. Click aining/�>here for information on classes in your area, self-paced training and a virtual classroom.

The National Instruments website also offers numerous tutorials and examples for all of their products. For example code and information about GPIB, click here. For LabVIEW tutorials, click here.

If these suggestions do not solve your problem, please provide more information about the error. A screenshot or exact error message may be helpful in finding you a solution. Have a great day!

Becky B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Becky Linton
National Instruments
Field Engineer
Office: 734-464-2463
Cell: 248-709-2822
Email: becky.linton@ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,574 Views)
Is it true that the driver for I/O express doesnot come with Student version so there is no way to communicate with the machines... also NI will not(doesnot) supply the diver and we will have the actually buy the full version in order for it to work...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,574 Views)
Aloomba -

Actually, the KnowledgeBase points to an ftp site where you can download the complete driver CD that does not ship with the student version. If you download the zipped file, you can run setup.exe and choose to install the I/O Express drivers. Or, you can simply install the IIOA.msi file. Click here to download the driver CD.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Becky B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Becky Linton
National Instruments
Field Engineer
Office: 734-464-2463
Cell: 248-709-2822
Email: becky.linton@ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,574 Views)
You should run setup.exe and choose to install the Instrument I/O Assistant from the Driver CD. Installing the IIOA.msi file by itself will not install the necessary dependencies that Instrument I/O Assistant requires to function (Like VISA).
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,574 Views)
I have tried four time to download the file unzip it using PKZip and execute it but failed.. most of the time it wouldnot download full 400 MB or so to the comp..when it does it says something missing or not found and stops execution at the onset...is there any other way to do this...Many Thanks..
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,574 Views)
Hello Aloomba,
The ftp file is there and I can download and access it from there. Check if your internet connection is timing out. Also, check if you have access to the ftp site. You should be able to download it from that site.
Good luck
Koninika
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,574 Views)