From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timeout problem?

Hello,

I´ve developed a program to read and analyze data from a thermography camera (NEC San-ei 6T62). Unfortunately I get sometimes problems with the data communication via GPIB.
Frequently the communication doesn´t works. I can transfer data to random (e.g. 10) times, and while the next inquiry I get a timeout. And now, all instructions were leading to no results. The thermography camera doesn´t respond. LV shows an timeout error. I´ve chosen 5 seconds for timeout, and this is really enough, because when all works, data communication is finished under one second. If I send DCL now via the CLR-Vi, I get an error information on the camera.
Description of error (from the operation manual):
It can be:
(1) command code deviates from specification
(2) command parameter deviates from prescribed value, or number of parameters does not agree with number required
(3) incorrect delimiter

But, why do I get this error only when the thermography camera didn´t respond before? When I send DCL during communication works, I don´t get an error.

After receiving this error, sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Thanks for help.
Andy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,840 Views)
Hi Andy,

just a shot in the blue: Are you sure your communication (better the comands _you_ send to the cam) is/are always OK? This sounds like an incomplete command or something similar. Try NI-Spy to watch what is send to the cam.

HTH and
Greetimgs from Germany!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,836 Views)