Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tektronix oscilloscope multichannel acquisition

hi,
im trying to continuously acquire waveforms from the tektronix TDS5104B (4 channel) oscilloscope using labview 7.1

i am not sure how to get continuous waveforms and currently am having problems using the 'get waveform vi' where i get an error stating that the output array size is invalid..

any pointers will be greatly appreciated,
regards,
Sairaj
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,752 Views)
Are you using an instrument driver to communicate with your device? If so, which one? Looking at the available drivers on IDNET, it looks like you are probably using the driver for TDS 5052,5054,5104. Is the TDS 5104 the same as the TDS 5104B? Please let me know.

Logan S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,735 Views)
Dear Mr. Logan,

thank you for your reply sir,
well there is a small change.. i am now working with the TDS784A ( it is no longer in production )..
i am not very much interested in continuous acquisition..
i am attaching 2 files sir,
the first one is the vi tht i built for use with the TDS5104B ( this functions as per my requirement )..
the second one contains drivers as obtained from NI for the 784A....i am unable to find the initialize and close functions in these .... could u help me modify my VI so that it runs for the 784A?
to answer your other question sir, i was indeed using instrument drivers obtained from tektronix.com , specifically for labview applications..

i hope you will be able to help me modify my VI to function for the 784A,

thank you,
Sairaj.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,722 Views)
i couldnt post the drivers,in my reply , so here it is ....
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,722 Views)
I don't understand what you mean when you say you can't find the initialize and close functions. They are in the tktds7xx.llb that you posted (TKTDS 7XX Initialize and TKTDS 7XX Close). You're not really doing much in the VV that you posted. Try running the Getting Started example in the driver. It's probable that you need to do a lot more than the initialize. The initialize doesn't do much more than query the id and do a reset and both of these are optional.
Message 5 of 5
(3,714 Views)