Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup the IP address on GPIB ENET Box

I using the Window NT to assign the IP address for the GPIB Box.

I can assignment the new address for the GPIB Box (EX: 192.168.25.3).

but I can not assignment the new address 120.2.1.0. I do not why? Please help!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,276 Views)

Hello T.John,

Your GPIB ENET device should automatically be assigned an IP address. You can find what this address is and set up your device using the GPIB ENET wizard. Look to the following link for directions on locating and identifying your ENET device.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C7F73559653B2C5686256E6100709D5D

Regards,

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,244 Views)

Hello c-RADAE,

Thanks C-RADAE

we using the GPIB-ENET ( not the GPIB_ENET/100 or GPIB-ENET/1000) with WindowsNT 4.0 .

now, we can assign the IP address (EX: 192.168.25.3) but we can not assign the IP address

on another subnet (EX: 120.2.1.1) and we can not update the firmware, neither update the subnet.

Please any help !!!.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,239 Views)

Hello T.John,

You cannot assign an IP address for a device on another subnet. You will need to access the device from a computer on the same subnet as the device so that you can determine what IP was already assigned to the device. Once you know what the IP address is you should be able to manually add it to NI-MAX from the original computer. I have also attached a link that has some extra network troubleshooting steps for your GPIB ENET device.

http://www.ni.com/support/gpib/gpib2.htm

Regards,

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,213 Views)

Hi c-RADAE.

Thanks for your help,  c-RADAE

I can assign the IP address (192.168.25.3 or 192.168.25.*), but I can not assign IP address as example

show as below:

Why? Can you explain?

also why the GPIB Box can not update the firmware anymore?.

is the GPIB box is bad ? (or need repair?) Please help!!!!

we need assign IP address 120.2.1.0 for our test Station. Please any advice!.

v/r

John.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,206 Views)

Hi John,

In order to assign the IP address 120.2.1.0 you will need to be on a computer on the subnet 120.2.1.* You cannot configure IP addresses for devices on other subnets. Once the device is configured for the desired IP address you will be able to access it from a computer on another subnet. I would not worry about updating the firmware unless that is causing issues with your tests.

Regards,

Conrad Smith

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,200 Views)