From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial programming with 3rd party power supply

How do I program labVIEW to communicate with a third party power supply? I am running a test that needs to communicate with this instrument. Its a bk precision 1696 connected by a serial port. I want to tell this instrument to send a 12v signal to the product being tested for a certain amount of time. I really appreciate any help with this.
Ron Deavers, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,055 Views)
I took a look at the manual for the B&K Precision 1696 Power Supply in hopes of finding some basic RS-232 commands, but unfortunately, none are listed. Have you contacted B&K to see if that information is available to the public? If you have run into a dead end there, if no one else responds to this thread with a driver or other help, I would recommend that you submit a driver request to NI from the Instrument Driver Network.

Good luck!

Logan S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,044 Views)
I really appreciate your help but I had the same result with their website. I was finally able to get help with technical support and they sent a copy of the rs232 commands (which are not in the manual, nor on the website). If anyone else runs into this problem with this company, I have decided to post the commands.
Ron Deavers, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,050 Views)