From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial comunication - bluetooth - data analysis - text to speech

I need to implement a project in wich an equipment comunicates via bluetooth (activating the serial port in Labview smplserl.llb) and the data most be analyzed through a VI named SIGNO that receives numbers 1 2 or 3 for each finger in a hand to detect what would be the sign showed in the hand output the letter or sign into a buffer to create a conversation using a Text to speach for windows created in Labview (TTS) and execute the TTS when a certain movement is done (right now is just by pressing a button speach).

ive tried allot of things, changing the structures in the TTS VI the cycle to proceed or the form of calling the VI. 

Ive tried to call the TTS VI from the Smplserl but it stops the serial input, and also to put the smprserl into the TTS when requested. 

1. I need that the port always receives. 

2. While it receives the sign code the TTS VI must recognize the sign and put it into the buffer that will enter to the Text To Speach programed. 

can some one help me with this, some recomendations. Im not an expert on Labview but i love to execute projects with Labview. 

thanks allot. 

attached is a zip with the files ive been using. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,180 Views)

Hola ..

La razón por la que tu código no está fncionando se debe a que eestás ocupando una estructura de eventos dentro de un sub VI. La estructura de eventos siempre se va a ir al caso timeout; pues estás ocupando eventos dinámicos, y cambiar el valor programaticamente con el botón de Talk no generará este evento.

Te sugeriría integraras tu código de una forma diferente y evites usar variables dentro de tu código ...

Primero en el VI principal puedes dejar las funciones de escritura y lectura a serial; pero el subví de tts te sugeriría lo rehcieras empleando una estructura de casos para activarla o desactivarla y colocando signo después de TTS en tu VI principal

El código de Signo.vi podrías hacerlo más eficiente así...

Capture.JPG

La forma óptima para crear tu aplicación sería empleando un ciclo productor/consumidor

En el productor deberías colocar las entradas del serial y éstas enviarlas al consumidor para ser procesadas con Signo.vi y "habladas" con TTS

Aquí un tutorial de como desarrollar un ciclo productor consumidor

Producer/ Consumer

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3023/es/

Espero esa información te sea útil

Saludos

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,086 Views)