Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read data from TDS 1002b using Labview with USB

The pulldown menu, only have 4 options: COM1, COM2 and LPT1 and the Refresh option...

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 51
(1,157 Views)
When you do a scan for instruments in MAX, is it listed?
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 51
(1,152 Views)

I will run the NI-MAX on the lab and tomorrow i will tell you... Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 51
(1,149 Views)

Yes, it's listed, please check the image.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 51
(1,134 Views)

Your instrument is  not listed. The only thing shown is the actual GPIB controller. Did you right click on the controller and select 'Scan for Instruments'? If so, did you enable GPIB communication on the scope itself? Until you get the scope listed in MAX, trying to use LabVIEW is just a waste of effort.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 51
(1,131 Views)

First, i want to thank you for your patience and help. I scan for instruments, and no instruments were found, but the osciloscope it's connected to the GPIB-USB... What should i do?

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 51
(1,124 Views)
Check the communication settings on the scope as I said. There should be something in the manual on this.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 51
(1,121 Views)

I'm sorry but i don't understand when do you mean "scope", but take a look at the images...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 51
(1,117 Views)
You said you were using Tek scope. Are you now saying you have a different instrument? In any case, you have to go into the manual for this mystery instrument and see how to enable the GPIB communication.

Those images are just irrelevant. There is no problem with the controller itself and since MAX does not detect the mystery instrument, it obviously will not show as an available resource.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 51
(1,112 Views)

Sorry... my mind is elsewhere for sure... Scope = Osciloscope... Sure... i'm still usign the TEK TDS 1002... i will check the connection and i will telll you in a while.. Thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 51
(1,109 Views)