Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"unrecognized SCPI Command: chA query"

Hi!

I'm working with labviews 7.1 to control a Molectron EPM2000 joulemeter. And i'm making use of 2 GPIB-130 bus extender. The leds power,link and talk are lighting for one, and power,link and listen are lighting for the other bus extender (switcher on the side are on unbuffered and ppoll immediate position). In brief, I control my device through my pc.
but, when i want to save my facts (.dat), I've got this message between every fact (which are rights):"unrecognized SCPI Command: chA query".
But, the real problem is that i have an "EADR error"( with send string on "*IDN?"). However, I'm controlling my device !!( the vi find the device gpib adress when the vi is running !)
I've already respect the procedure of the GPIB bus extender installation.
What must I do ?
Thanks a lot for your replies,

thomas H
Message 1 of 2
(2,712 Views)
Hello,

First of all check you can communicate with your instrument within MAX, and without the 2 GPIB 130.
Second connect your GPIB 130 and check you can communicate with your instrument within MAX.

Then check you can communicate with your instrument using the driver for the Molectron EMP2000, first without the 2 GPIB 130 then with them.

I've attached the LabVIEW driver for the EPM2000.

Here's a link to files regarding the EPM2000 :

http://www.coherent.com/lasers/index.cfm?fuseaction=show.page&ID=478&loc=1005

Regards,

Jean-Claude J
NI France.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,690 Views)