From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"GPIB interfaces sequentially verified"

Im Trying to install a PCMCIA-GPIB interface and i keep getting the same error mesage so firstly what does this error message mean? the driver software just tells me its an unknown error but im guessing there must be a conflict somewhere.
i have checked in device manager and everything looks fine and no conflicts are reported. i have no GPIB devices connected which seems to be the only advice national instruments can offer! i have also tried in both PCMCIA slots niether manage to solve the problem.
what else should i try? its not like i can free up system resources by removing devices as i have a laptop so everythings built in! does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem as ive been trying for hours!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,812 Views)
Hi,

What driver version are you using? If you are not using Windows 95 or NT 4.0 I would recommend using NI-488.2 2.1.

You can also use NI-Spy to determine exactly what is giving the error. Take a spy capture and post it. Check out this NI-Spy Tutorial

DiegoF
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,812 Views)
Hi,
Yes im using the latest drivers as i only bought the card a week ago, ive also tried it in a toshiba laptop and it works fine, i think it has to be something to do with the pcmcia controller that is installed on my sony vaio, its a richo R/RL/5C476(ii) pcmcia cardbus controller, i wondered if you knew any compatability issues with this card.
anyway i have included a capture file for you to look at, following the error code it just tells me that it is because the card isnt istalled properly but windows tells me it is.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,812 Views)
Hi

Are there any resource conflicts that show up in Device Manager? What OS are you using?.

This will sound weird but, in what slot is the card plugeed in? I have seen cases where the card would not work on the top slot, but it would on the bottom one.

DiegoF
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,812 Views)
im using windows xp home, as for device conflicts non show up in device manager and everything seems to be ok and working correctly except the final test. As for the slots yes ive tried it in both which leads me to believe there may be a problem with my PCMCIA controler allthough again these are all drivers provided by windows rather than third party drivers so there shouldnt realy be a problem. Thats why i asked if you know of any problems with Ricoh PCMCIA cardbus controlers
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,812 Views)
Hi,

There have been some problems with a few laptops. Here are a couple of things to try:

Make sure you have Service Pack 1 for Windows XP.

Check the following Microsoft KB How to Disable IRQ Sharing for 16-Bit PC Cards That Do Not Support ISA-to-PCI Routed Interrupts. The KB solution involves editing the registry.

If it doesn't work, email us at www.ni.com/ask with the laptop information, cardbus controller model, part number (and serial number) for the PCMCIA-GPIB.

DiegoF
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,812 Views)
Hi. Just to let you know i edited the regestry and that did the job so many thanks.
Ben
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,812 Views)
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. What do you mean by 'editing the registry' ? Thanks for your help.

Marion
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,812 Views)
I have had the exact same problem as this - I followed the advice of DiegoF - it worked perfectly. Thanks so much, I was really getting concerned with this error. You saved me a lot of time and aggrovation
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,812 Views)