Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error Linking generated code" when loading the IVI Class Driver .fp file

I am trying to test a specific IVI driver written for a DC Power Supply through the class drivers in LabWindows/CVI. When I load the .fp file in Program Files\National Instruments\MeasurementStudio\instr\IVIClass, and try to run the function panels, everything works as expected. However, when trying to access the .fp file located in the Program Files\IVI\Drivers\IVIDCPwr directory (installed, I think, by the IVI Compliance Package 2.0), I get an error message "Error Linking generated code" when trying to run the function panel.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,094 Views)
Hello gopinath,

You are probably using MeasStudio and CVI 6.0. The 6.0 version doesn't know about the new IVI directory. That is the main reason why IVI Compliance Package 2.0 installs class drivers on multiple locations if you have CVI 6.0. You can either use the class driver from the MeasurementStudio\instr directory or VXIpnp\WinXX directory.

I hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,094 Views)
When you compare your [CVI]\instr\IviClass directory with [IVI]\Drivers\IVIDCPwr you will see that lib is missing in [IVI]\Drivers\IVIDCPwr. The most easy way is copy [IVI]\lib\msc\IviDCpwr.lib to [IVI]\Drivers\IVIDCPwr directory. Lib file should be in the same directory as *.fp file.
WARNING: you must first have lib in the same directory, before you load *.fp file.

I hope that it'll help you.

Zdenek
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,094 Views)
Thank You. That did help.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,094 Views)