From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

query unterminated E4980

Hey I am a little new to LabView and I am working with the Agilent (Keysight) E4980A Precision LCR meter. I get an E-420: QUERY UNTERMINATED error reading on the front panel much of the time, but my vi also seems to work despite this. However, recently, some of my measurements have been interrupted by this error message popping up (see image). I'm not quite sure where to start with this. When I operate the LCR meter manually, everything seems fine; further, when I step through the program instead of running automatically, it works fine. What should I do?

E-420 Labview Error.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,874 Views)

Looks like I figured it out. I had a close vi in the loop that was causing the problems. I don't know why I decided to use this vi, except from habit maybe... Anyway, that was the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,870 Views)
It is inserted some code to check EOM(end of measurement).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,731 Views)

Hello,

I appreciate it was a number of years ago that you posted this but how did you remedy this issue?

Kind regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,586 Views)

You can fix that code by moving the CLOSE.vi outside of the FOR loop.  If you don't do that and run the code as is, the first time through the loop it works but the second itteration (after executing the close communications) the instrument settings that were send before the FOR loop are not there and the measurement fails.

Hope that helps,

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,556 Views)