Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in IviScope - Acq Wfm Edge Triggered.vi example

Solved!
Go to solution

I have LabView 11.0, MAX 5.3 and the HP54645 IVI driver installed. I create and configure a logical name in the IVI Drivers category in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX). I try to run the IviScope - Acq Wfm Edge Triggered.vi example (after choosing the IVI Logical name), it gets stucked in the IviScope Initialize.vi block, and generates the following error:

Error -1074135025 occurred at IviScope Initialize With Options.vi 

Possible reason(s): 

Primary Error: (Hex 0xBFFA000F) Invalid parameter.

Complete call chain:

IviScope Initialize With Options.vi

IviScope Initialize.vi

IviScope - Acq Wfm Edge Triggered.vi

The same happens if I choose IviScope Initialize With Options.vi  instead of IviScope Initialize.vi in IviScope - Acq Wfm Edge Triggered.vi example. Is there some problem in the driver or am I missing something? I'm new to LabView and to IVI, and I would really appreciate any help. 

Thank you,

Yasamin Gharib

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,309 Views)

You said you already tried the IviScope Initialize.vi without options? Can you confirm the parameters that are being sent in the Initialize command? You may be trying to set parameters that are not available for the device. Can you perform a self test in MAX to confirm that we can send commands to the device?

Regards,

-Travis E

National Instruments
Product Marketer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,284 Views)

I read the “Using Measurement & Automation Explorer to Configure Your IVI System http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4594/en” tutorial. I did the same steps but I have the error!!

I opened IviScope - Acq Wfm Edge Triggered.vi example from C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\examples\instr. Then I opened Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) and configure my IVI logical name and then choose the correct IVI logical name from the drop down on the front panel of the IviScope - Acq Wfm Edge Triggered.vi .

My logical name is “Scope” and select “HP54645 IVI driver “from driver session.

I try to run the IviScope - Acq Wfm Edge Triggered.vi example (after choosing the IVI Logical name), it gets stucked in the IviScope Initialize.vi block, and generates the following error:

Error -1074135038 occurred at IviScope Initialize With Options.vi

Possible reason(s):

Primary Error: (Hex 0xBFFA0002) File could not be opened.

Complete call chain:

IviScope Initialize With Options.vi

IviScope Initialize.vi

IviScope - Acq Wfm Edge Triggered.vi

The same happens if I replace IviScope Initialize With Options.vi instead of IviScope Initialize.vi in IviScope - Acq Wfm Edge Triggered.vi example. Is there some problem in the driver or am I missing something? I'm new to LabView and to IVI, and I would really appreciate any help. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,274 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author yasmain62

Hello Yasamin,

The DLL for that IVI driver has not yet been ported into a 64-bit format.  If you are on a 64-bit windows machine, there is a good chance that is the source of the problem.  We have already asked our branch in Shanghai to prioritize their efforts with this driver.  I will let you know when I hear more from our developers.

Regards,

Shawn S. | NIC
Instrument Driver/IVI PSE
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,235 Views)

Yes, My machine is windows7 64 bit.

Regards,

yasamin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,209 Views)

Hello Yasamin,

The dll has now been ported over to 64-bit format and the driver now supports 64-bit OS machines.  The link to the revised driver is below.

Agilent Technologies hp54645 Oscilloscope

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=E3B19B3E947B659CE034080020E748...

Regards,

Shawn S. | NIC
Instrument Driver/IVI PSE
National Instruments
Message 6 of 6
(4,111 Views)