Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problème de lecture d'un capacimètre via le bus GPIB

Bonjour,

je dois automatiser un banc de mesure et je suis bloqué depuis un moment. J'utilise Labwindows pour mes programmes et je pilote les appareils via une carte PCI GPIB 488.2 depuis un PC DELL très rapide sous windows XP.

Mon banc de mesure est équipé d'une boite à relais (Scanner HP 3495A), d'un capacimètre Boonton model10A et d'un voltage Source measure Keithley 237. J'utilise pour mes tests de commandes l'utilitaire measurement & automation explorer.
Je rencontre 2 problèmes:

Tout d'abord, lorsque j'envoie les commandes au hp3495A pour fermer les relais, il n'execute pas ma commande, alors que celui ci fonctionne correctement sous un programme réalisé sous Visual Basic avec un PC pas très rapide sous windows 98, j'utilise les bonnes commandes mais rien ne se passe, je ne comprend pas( à noter que le programme sous VB utilise une carte HPIB je sais pas si il existe une grande différence entre HPIB et GPIB).

Mon second problème se trouve au niveau du capacimètre, celui ci execute correctement mes commandes en écriture mais lorsque je veux faire une lecture, il me met une erreur de timeout semblablement (iberr = EABO) or j'ai testé tout les timeout et j'ai toujours le même problème.

Il n'existe pas de driver sous Labwindows sur ces appareils.
Je ne rencontre aucun problème au niveau du Keithley237.

Pouvez vous me guider sur ce problème, c'est très important merci
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,945 Views)
Hello,

One difference between HPIB and GPIB device is the driver used . Therefore, a GPIB device from National Instruments needs the NI-488.2 driver whereas a HPIB board from third-party manufacturer like HP/Agilent requires to install the HP-VISA driver.
Measurement & Automation Explorer works with the National Instruments driver in his low-level communication tool. The instrument connected to the GPIB device must be fully compliant with the IEEE 488.2 standard.
Here is more details on the knowledge base below:
* How Can I Use an HPIB Board with LabVIEW or CVI?
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/E56D3D4866BE0A8A86256942006626F0?OpenDocument

Concerning the timeout error, there are several things to check:
1. Look at the End of String (EOS) and End of Identify (EOI) as your instrument may require termination characters.
Contact the manufacturer or the user manual for the necessary commands and termination character.
2. Try a different query message. Older instruments do not respond to "*IDN?". Submit a *ID? or *ID?\n for a query.
3. Try changing the bus timing. In Measurement & Automation Explorer, it is possible to change the bus timing and the I/O timing.
Find your board under Devices and Interfaces. Right-click on the board and select Properties. Select your board and click Configure. Click the Software button to expand the choices. Change the Bus Timing and the I/O Timeout values.
4. Run an NI-SPY capture. This consumes a sizable portion of the memory, and may slow down the computer enough to achieve the correct timing.
This will also help to determine where the EABO error is occurring.

You can also find some informations at the links below:
* GPIB Timeout Errors (EABO) after Updating to Faster Computers
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/862567530005F09C852563D5007598C4?OpenDocument
* GPIB Timeout Error on Every Other Command Set
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/24DC3A2F3E0F39C686256BF40066138C?OpenDocument

Best regards.

Matthieu G.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,932 Views)