Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pinnacle

I need driver for Pinnacle DC10plus image acquisition hardware. Can you help me please?
thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,117 Views)
Prof Neri,
there is no Instrument Driver for the Pinnacle DC10plus developed under LabVIEW.
National Instruments LabVIEW allows for compatibility with any 3rd party vendor's DLL that serves as the Driver for the Device.
Pinnacle should be able to tell you if they provide a Library of functions to program this device in C/C++ (most likely a DLL).
If they do, you just need to locate this DLL on your system (after having installed it) and use a call library function node from labview to leverage the functionalities of the DLL.

National Instruments provides a wide range of solutions for Imaging and Motion. Check them out at

Machine Vision with National Instruments

Best Regards,
AlessioD

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,117 Views)
the Library for my acquisition hardware is not available from pinnacle.they don't allow their handiling.Because the NI hardware is too expensive for our budget Would you please suggest me another third party hardware for which I can find a driver.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,117 Views)
Hi,

I think it really depends on what your needings are in terms of specifications with the images you want to acquire. Just provide some details like
- Frames per second needed
- Resolution in pixels
- Gamma colors of the images
-Triggering capabilities.

I think you should make a clear point of what you need to do and then you can decide what is the best trade-off on your hardware to meet cost and functionality requirements.
It might even turn out that a USB webcam suits your needings.
Regards

AlessioD
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,117 Views)
I need to acquire image with a CCD camera (analog output).
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,117 Views)