Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nonlinear model predictive control (MPC)

MPC takes only two type of equations it should be either transfer function or than state space but my equation is non linear how can i get transfer function or state space from that in labview, so that i can apply MPC on that model...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,162 Views)

Hi shami_jadoon,

Yes, you're correct in saying that a transfer function inherently cannot be nonlinear.  That said, you should be able to create a state-space representation of the nonlinear system that will work with MPC.  

I am not real clear on where your current model comes from - is it directly taken from a physical system, were you given a mathematical representation, etc. - but you will be able to integrate the state-space model.  What information do you currently have about the system? 

Matt | NI Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,074 Views)

thank you so much for your kind reply sir... 

case is that, i want to implement MPC on plant model to control it,( want to control room temperature) but unfortunatily unable to write plant model in labview, if you please help me in this regard i will be very very thankful.

Here is the detail 🙂

m_in_dt=0.35;
m_cv=70;
T_in=49;
T_in_initial=5;
T_desired=25;

Cp=1.007; Cv=0.7179; Q_dt=3.51;
k=Cp/Cv;
d/dt(Tcv)= Q_dt/(m_cv*Cv)+((m_in_dt*k)*(T_in-T_out))/(m_cv);

below in picture is plant model, i also write it in equation form... i want to just write this plant model in labview and want to implement MPC on it,,,,

want to control room tempraturewant to control room temprature

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,060 Views)