Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

niRFSA ivi-.net driver isn't listed in MAX Instrument driver software modules after installation

Hi,

i'm working into ivi details and want to use ivi-.net and ivi-com driver via the ivi configuration store implemented in the MAX.

My Application should use the COM-Factory to get a driver instance (eather COM or .net driver) via the virtual name.

I installed the agilent AgSAn ivi driver (ivi-COM driver for Spectrum analyzers) for this purpose and it is listed in the IVI driver Instruments driver sofware modules list of the MAX. Good.

I also installed the niRFSA driver, according to ni.com there is a ivi-.net driver included. The driver is installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\IVI Foundation\IVI\Microsoft.NET\Framework32\v4.0.30319\NationalInstruments.ModularInstruments.NIRfsa 1.2, but it isn't listed as ivi-.net driver in the max only as ivi-c driver. Why?

Additional i downloaded from the ivi foundation site the R&S iviSpecAn .net ivi driver and installed it. The same not listed in MAX, why?

In advance many thanks for your help

regards

Georg 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,917 Views)

Hi Georg,

this behaviour seems to be strange. Could you please attach a screenshot of what you see in MAX? Thank you.

Regards Anoj

Anoj Mubarak
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,872 Views)

Hi Anoj,

sorry for the late answer.

Here the screenshot niRFSA driver is IVI-C and R&S driver is missing:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,624 Views)

Hi Anoj,

sorry for the late answer.

Here is the screenshot:niRFSA.gif

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,622 Views)
I'm not sure what you are asking. Right below the IVI-C driver you have selected is an entry for .NET.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,611 Views)

Hi evrybody,

I wish if there is someone could help me to find solution to get the niRFSG Intialize options.VI  working in my code. I tried to use it but it seems dosn't work.

Thank you

best Regards

1.JPGmy Code.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,449 Views)
You've hijacked an old and unrelated thread. Please start a new one and provide additional details on what exactly doesn't work. Include any error codes/messages, the resource name, the IVI configuration in MAX, etc.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,440 Views)