From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need a VI to generate frequency sweep automatically

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(2,855 Views)
Hi

Iam doing the similar thing.could you just give me your VI so that I can look where Iam going wrong.Can you post it to chaitu_chilukuri@yahoo.com
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(2,825 Views)
Are you saying that you are still having troubles with ag3xxx device, or are you having troubles with the 34401? If the latter, have you made sure that you are addressing the correct instrument and/or that the instrument is powered on? Also, what versions do you have of the following:
NI-VISA?
NI-488.2?
LabVIEW?

-Logan S.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(2,815 Views)
Hi..

Iam still having trouble with ag33120A.I just want to know if my VI is correct.can you just send me your VI so that I can versify where Iam going wrong
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(2,802 Views)
For the third time, download the driver from here. After you download it, unzip it and move the folder called ag33xxx to your \LabVIEW xx\instr.lib folder. In a previous post you said the 33120 was working fine but you had an error with the 34401. Now you say it's the 33120 that you've having problems with. You need to be specific with your requests. If you are having problems, what is the exact problem? Include error codes and messages.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(2,792 Views)
Hi,

I started Labview not long ago and I'm now facing this problem of frequency sweeping with 33120 too. I've tried the above-mentioned steps, but this error keeps popping out when i open the Sweep.vi:

Error -1073807346 occurred at VISA Write in ag33xxx - Config Waveform.vi->Sweep.vi

Possible reason(s):
VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF000E) The given session or object reference is invalid

Could somebody help me please?

Many thanks,
yamhuo
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(2,616 Views)
Okay, let's take a few steps back first. You should first open MAX (Measurement & Automation Explorer). Expand Device and Interfaces and you should see your GPIB board listed. right click on it and select 'Scan for Instruments'. This will return a list of all instruments that are connected to the bus. If everything is correct, your 33120 will be listed. If it's not, then you have a different problem. Assuming it is, open the getting started example in the driver. Go to the Instrument Resource Name control and left click on the little down arrow on the right side of the control. All of your system's VISA resources (including com ports) should be listed. Select the one that corresponds to the instrument found by MAX and then run the example. It sounds like you may be using a default value for the resource name or the resource name is blank.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(2,611 Views)
Hi,

First , since it is a VISA error , are you sure your instrument
responds to "*idn?" in the correct way or "freq?"

If ok, with AG33120A, for frequency sweeping between 100 and 1000, you
can output on the GPIB bus a string argument of the following type:

FREQ:START 100;STOP 500;MODE SWEEP;:TRIG:SOUR IMM;:FREQ?

But if you are not familiar with the 33120A, try to set it up manually
and send a simple command TRIG:SOUR IMM;:FREQ? read the response and
see the effect ... Since waveform configuration is a subtle chapter of
the manual.

When it does what you want, try to find which string to output with the
manual.

To send the commands conveniently, you can use a direct dialog tool,
either from NI if you are familiar with "ib" functions or from the url:
www.ieee-488.com/ni_gpib0 ( here you will have to change temporarily
your gpib address from 10 to 1 with hp33120A I/O menu and back when
finished).

Good play ;=)

Regards,

FG

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(2,602 Views)
Thanks alot for the help...i realised that my visa session i/o was wrong and after looking at max and communicating, its ok now.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(2,578 Views)