Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lecroy 104mxi-a transfer file from PC to Lecroy HDD using GPIB

Solved!
Go to solution

Having trouble sending files to the lecroy 104mxi-a.  There is a transfer file.vi that takes a file from the scope and saves it to the PC.  I am looking to reverse that and send a file from the PC to scope HDD. Lecroy has a manual that mentions the command TRFL that should do it but I think my syntax is incorrect.

TRFL DISK,HDD,FILE,'<file path>' string is going to the LCWAVE Write vi which ouputs an error.

Heres the link to the Lecroy manual:

http://cdn.lecroy.com/files/manuals/wm-rcm-e_rev_d.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,598 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 2muchwork

Hi,

Try the attached vi.

You will have to replace the LCWAVE write.vi with the vi from your driver if it does not find it already. (depends on which driver you are using, .llb or .lvproj).

If you have any challenges, feel free to contact me at 1-800-5LeCroy, extension 6088 (8am to 5pm Pacific Time) and I am happy to help!

Cheers,

Leonard Brown

LeCroy Applications Engineer

Message 2 of 7
(4,594 Views)

I knew there was something wrong with my syntax.  Thanks for clearing that up.  I just tweeked your code so that I separated the source and destination paths into two controls so the files can be in different locations.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,580 Views)

Hi,

I am glad you got it working.  I wonder what I overlooked when I tried to separate the paths. (I was not successful in doing this so I combined them and added the comment to the front panel).

If you don't mind, I would like to see the modified command that worked with two separate paths.

Thank You,

Leonard

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,571 Views)

It was an easy fix just cut the wire from the path to string vi and connect a new path control.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,562 Views)

Would some lovely nice person be able to save "lcwave transfer file.vi" in 8.5 for me?  or even Just dump a .png

I also added this to the ideas exchange,

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Save-For-Previous-Server-Hosted-by-NI/idi-p/3204690

Thanks

Craig

LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,093 Views)

I unfortunately am not able to locate the "LCWAVE Write" subVI, but I can attach an image of the general VI!

Message 7 of 7
(4,054 Views)