Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview code for multiple source meters

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have developed a code to interface a keithley 24xx instrument but now i have a doubt that if i want to interface some 10 instrumets at a time so how can i write the logic for that.

please suggest me its an urgent requirement. multiple instrumrnts in the sence like 24xx,26xx like that.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,091 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author patil441
What sort of physical connection do you have to the instruments? Controlling multiple instruments is not that much different than one. You might have to provide for external triggers to take simultaneous readings and structure your state machine to do any initialization only once.

Your question is pretty generic. What specific problem are you seeing?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,086 Views)

i need to control multiple source meters with single code 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,080 Views)
Each will have a separate resource name so that is not an issue. Are you repeating the same test sequence?

Why did you mark the thread as solved. Many people won't look at solved questions.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,068 Views)

sorry for that unexpectedly it happend.

using GPIB we can develop a code that can control all the source meters i think. by just giving the address of that GPIB.

what do you say it is possible or not.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,065 Views)
Of course. Just remember that the gpib bus requires sequential communication in most cases so don't think you can do programming in parallel.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,059 Views)

then can you suggest me how can i control multiple source meters 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,057 Views)
Of course. Just remember that the gpib bus requires sequential communication in most cases so don't think you can do programming in parallel.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,055 Views)
Sorry for the double post.

In general, you configure a, configure b, configure c, etc. Read x, read y, read z.

You still have not provided any specifics. Before doing the reads, you may be able issue a trigger to all instruments to initiate simultaneous measurements.

As I said, please provide some details on your problem.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,053 Views)

my experiment is i am doing a program for memory test of a device(IC).

while testing the device i need to do some multiple operations like forsing the volt. measuring the current and reciprocal of this in that case i need 2 or more source meters and a hsdio for read write purpose.now my question is how to write a labview code to operate those multiple source meter using single code. and if you know how to do the code for memory test please suggest that also.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,038 Views)