From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview 7.1 doesn't detect my tektronix TDS 684B scope

Hi !
Even if GPIB is connected, labview 7.1 doesn't detect my tektronix TDS 684B scope. A window message tells me that "instrument is not connected " !! Why ? IS it a GPIB failure ? I do'nt know, but labview detects all others instruments I connected before and after it!
Thank you !
thomas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,786 Views)
If other instruments are detected, then the GPIB card is okay. Try switching cables. Sometimes you'll find a bad one. It's more likely a setting on the scope. First, make sure the scope has a unique address (non-zero). Then, check the manual to see if there's a setting on the scope to actually enable GPIB communication. I'm not familiar with this model, but some instruments require you to turn it on or if it supports multiple protocols (i.e. serial, GPIB, ENET), you have to rurn on the one you want to use.
Message 2 of 3
(2,782 Views)
Hi Dennis!
You were true ! It was a problem of GPIB address setting on the scope, but it's now ok!
Thank you!
thomas
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,768 Views)