Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labtop and desktop

Solved!
Go to solution

I use GPIB USB HS controller.  When I connect it to my labtop an run MAX I can see the keithley connected to the controller, but when I connect the same controller with the same instrument on the desltop, which have the same labviwe, I can not see keithley. Capture of both cases are attached. 

Another question, when I use labviwe code what I should write in the GPIB adress string?? Is it only the primary adersss 22 or the ID, which is zer in my case, should be included also.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,791 Views)
On the pc, what happens when you right click and select Scan for Instruments? What versions of NI-488.2 and NI-VISA do you have installed? What is your os?

The instrument must be listed in MAX before you can use LabVIEW. You would then use the VISA Resource Name - i.e. GPIB0;:22::INSTR or whatever alias you might assign to it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,783 Views)

On the desktop, where i have the problem,  I have 3.1.2 NI 488.2 an NI VISA 5.4. on the labtop I have NI 488.2 version 2.81 and NI visa 5.1. .Where should I right click   

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,752 Views)
The same place you did on the laptop - on the controller listed in MAX.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,743 Views)

I attached a photo for the MAX main page and when I right click. also a list of the softwears.

Thanks alot

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,705 Views)

I attached a photo for the MAX main page and when I right click. also a list of the softwears.

Thanks alot

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,705 Views)
When you right click on the controller, you should have an option that says Scan for Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,696 Views)

I see what you mean. This option is not avialable on the desktop. I can see it on my labtop. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,691 Views)
Are you logged on as administrator?
Message 9 of 11
(4,678 Views)

yep

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,670 Views)