Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ke485

Thank you for the help.

What do think about this code. I got it from a friend of mine he used to control keithley 487, what is another version from the same series. The full code is complicated and need more work around some errors and he is also not happy to publishe the entire cod on the web. I take the intit part  but does not work also. 

As a matter of concern. in a few occasions (two as I rmber) the ke485 driver and this code tale controls of the keithley. It gives RM LIST signs on the instrument. But I tried do get this happen again but no sucess. I switch off and one the instrument and restart the computer but no thing at all. What you think the source of this none consensus response.  

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,687 Views)

Why are you looking at drivers for the Keithley 485?  You have a 6487!  You need to find the drivers and/or command set for the instrument you have.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,682 Views)

There is probably an IVI class driver that requires the Keithley IO layer on the DVD that shipped with the instrument.  (Available from the Keithley website too - if you can navagate it)

Do read the instructions! esspecially the cavaets for interfaceing with NI software.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,680 Views)

Can you let me know where I can find the IVI driver. I do have the I/O layer for my instrument. Is it diffuclt to work around the IVI driver??

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,672 Views)
http://www.keithley.com/base_download?dassetid=10427

Yes, it is a bit more difficult to work with an IVI driver.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,662 Views)

Just to conclude the discussion 

• ke485 driver is very old one. It can not be used with the nwe versions of LV.
  • On keithley forum, some body recomnded starting with  the driver of model 6514. (available on line). Some modification might be needed. I have not tried this option m y self.
  • The other option is to use the 487 driver. Because this driver is witten in DDC command you need to reset the instrument to speak DDC language. I started from here and now I can control the insrument but more examinations are necessary
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,644 Views)