Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imaqcfm.dll not found after installing LV 7.0

I had 6i on my machine. I removed it and installed 7.0.
Now whenever I re-boot my system the error: imaqcfm.dll not found comes up. This file is nowhere on my computer. I had the install keep any shared files.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,277 Views)
This file is suppose to be located in your Windows/system(32) directory depending on the OS that you are using. If you have NI-IMAQ installed I would suggest uninstalling that and reinstalling if you are using any NI IMAQ hardware. Sounds like the NI-IMAQ driver was installed and then not fully uninstalled while transitioning to LabVIEW 7.0.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,277 Views)
I see no NI-IMAQ listed in my list of installed programs. It is also not listed under the new 7.0 National Instruments software folder either.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,277 Views)
Did you have NI-IMAQ installed before. Sounds like an old registry is left over and keeps looking for this file. One thing to try is that you could install NI-IMAQ from the ni.com/downloads website and this should get rid of the error. Otherwise you could try and clean out an IMAQ specific registry or just clean out everything and start with a clean slate. Have a good one.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,277 Views)
Thanks,
I did the last suggestion.
Everything fine now
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,277 Views)