From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ibrd crashing application and VisualBasic compiler

I wrote an application to control several instruments in VB6. I have XP and a PCM-CIA Gpib card.

The application will read correctly for about 50 cycles, then stops, locking up not only the application, but the VisualBasic compiler. Running a stand-alone version also crashes (just itself, obviously not the VB compiler.

Any ideas.

Chuck Gantz
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,019 Views)
What version of NI-488.2 are you using? Does this lock up the entire system as well? Does the crash reference any address location in a specific component?

Craig A.
National Instruments Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,019 Views)
Hi Craig,

It looks like 2.1.0.3158. That's what I get when I do properties on the gpib-32.dll file in System32

Chuck Gantz
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,019 Views)
Sorry Craig,

I only answered one of your questions.

The crash does not effect the system. Only the application and the VisualStudio ide are effected. I can stop the program by clicking on the close icon at the top right of the form. When I do this, I get the message that the application is not responding, and do I want to close it. When I say yes, both the application and the Visual Studio ide are closed. Also, when the application freezes, so does Visual Studio. I have never seen this before, since the VisualStudio debugger is supposed to prevent this.

Also, I don't get any error messages.

Chuck Gantz
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,019 Views)