From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iberror EDVR(0)

using NI spy to troubleshoot I have the following: iberror EDVR(0) after UD1023 and I receive a visual basic 6 error: error 9 subscript out of range.   In myapplication i talk with two agilent dmm and a HP 7001 switch sytem .  I notice that UD increments as i talk to the three instruments.  any advice is wellcome.

thanks,
reymonf
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,323 Views)
Hi raymonf,

Is your UD "incrementing" only as you switch between the three devices?  Or is it incrementing each time you communicate with a device?  Perhaps you could post the spy log in order for us to understand this problem better.  Each device should only have a single board descriptor that should not change as the program executes.

john m
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,312 Views)
Hi:  Its increments UD only when I switch between device.  If I only use one device it not increments.

attached please see Ni spy log.   Note;  I change the extension
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,304 Views)
It appears that the problem is that the application is continuously opening NI-488.2 device handles, without ever closing any of them.  Instead of calling ibdev in a loop, just call it once for the application and save the ud that comes back.  That, or when the application is done using the handle for a moment, call ibonl(ud, 0) to close the device handle.  The NI-488.2 driver has a limit of 1024 open device handles.

Craig A.
National Instruments Engineer
Message 4 of 6
(3,287 Views)
problem solved !!!  use ibonl 0 after each call to the devices.

Thanks for your help. NI has tremendous support.

reymonf
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,282 Views)
problem solved !!!  use ilonl 0 after each call to the devices.

Thanks for your help. NI has tremendous support.

reymonf
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,268 Views)