Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ibconfig options

why gpib/linux can use below option and gpib/windows can't?

IbcSPollBit 0x16 If the setting is nonzero then the use of the SPOLL bit in ibsta is enabled.

my application needs to know when the Controller has read the serial poll response byte, so i have to check that flag.

thank you!! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,295 Views)
Thanks for any help!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,240 Views)

请参考NI-488.2TM Function Reference Manual for DOS/Windows:http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/370903a.pdf

• IbcSpollBit 0x0016

IbcSpollBit 0x0016 zero = The SPOLL bit of ibsta is disabled. non-zero = The SPOLL bit of ibsta is enabled. Default: zero. Refer to the NI-488.2 user manual for information about Talker/Listener applications.

SPOLL (brd) Use SPOLL in Talker/Listener applications (applications in which the GPIB interface is not the Controller) to determine when the Controller has serial polled the GPIB board. The SPOLL bit is disabled by default. Use the ibconfig function (option IbcSPollBit) to enable it. When the SPOLL bit is enabled, it is set after the board has been serial polled. SPOLL is cleared on any call immediately after an ibwait call, if the SPOLL bit was set in the wait mask, or immediately following a call to ibrsv.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,215 Views)

Thanks for your reply!

when trying to

"

Gpib488.ibconfig(_deviceHandler, Gpib488Consts.IbcSPollBit, 1);

base.CheckSta();

"

I got below error: [ERR:CMPL] [ECAP], It means the NI GPIB has no capability to support such function. It is weird!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,207 Views)

can anyone help me? i just want to know whether my instrument has been serial polled by controller?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,185 Views)

i'm still waiting for any answer! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,136 Views)