Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hyper terminal

open the hyper terminal in the rear section test jig and configure as per the requirements 460k baud,1 start bit , 1stop bit and no parity

press S or s in the hyper terminal ,fin assembly jig sends the current valve of the counter over the rs232 communication link.

this can be used to test the serial link and know the present valve count.

press R or r in the hyper terminal ,fin assembly jig resets the current valve of the counter to zero.

press T or t in the hyper terminal ,fin assembly jig goes into testmode where in current valve of the counter will be posted over the rs232 link

this is my requirement . can any one help me here how to start application ocde?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,227 Views)

Hi,

You can check out the examples in LabVIEW on basic serial communications.  Here you can configure your serial port with VISA and send and receive data as strings and of course remember to close the port at the end.  You should be able to open those examples and copy and paste as you need to.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,210 Views)

Hi guys

I use one of the examples from labview in order to check the output in a serial port (com1) in windows xp

when i read the raw datas i get some weird characters..that i doesnt obtaing with hyperterminal..i am already try combination of character but nothing works..do you know what i can do ?

\s\s\s\s are some of them as possible to seen in the attachments

The parameter for the port are right (and commun to labview and hyperterminal), but  i see strange characters in labview as show at trim in the read buffer and appended array but not in hyperterminal

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,783 Views)

Why hijack an old and unrelated thread? Why would you post images from a camera instead of using the built-in screen shot ability off Windows? That's amateurish.

Just turn off \ Codes Display.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,767 Views)