From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hp871xB instrument driver

Dear all,

I try to use the 'hp871xB' driver for our 'hp8714C' network analyzer. I don't know how acquire the measurement results of 'Magnitude' and 'Phase' simultaneuosly. How should I define those two channel ?  I still don't understand about the 'Channel' expression on the 'Configure VI'.

Thanks alot for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,965 Views)

Hi fatoni,

The manual for the HP 8714C (now owned by Agilent Technologies) can be found here: http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/editorial.jspx?id=1000000088%3Aepsg%3Aman&ckey=1000000088%3Aepsg.... The manual contains all of the various commands and parameters that the device accepts. The “Channel” input refers to one of the 2 channels that the device can output data from. See the manual for a detailed description of each channel.

I suspect that reading the data from both channels would be as simple as using 2 copies of the “HP871xB Example” VIs, with each reading in separate channel data.

I used Context Help to examine the Read Waveform VI from the Agilent Technologies / Hewlett-Packard hp871xb Signal Generator,Analyzer VIs (found here http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=E3B19B3E90E6659CE034080020E748...). The “Data Type” input has the following information documented in the VI, which may help you understand how the data is formatted:

contexthelp.png

David G
Sales Engineer - SE Michigan & N Ohio
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,940 Views)

Hi,

I try to communicate with the HP 8712/8714 using GPIB commands.

I need to use Data/Memory, but the following function does not work :

CALC:MATH (IMPL/CH SMEM);:DISP:WIND1:TRAC1 ON;TRAC2 OFF

Thanks a lot for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,216 Views)

NNek,

What happens when you try to send a simple command using VISA test panels in MAX? Can you get the HP device to identify itself?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,203 Views)

Kyle T,

I receive the ID of the Network Analyser

Thank you for your answer, I solved my problem ( I had skipped one step away " Data->Mem).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,179 Views)