Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to view mdsplus data using labview

Solved!
Go to solution

I posted this question in the Labview board, but seems nobody replies it so far. I am not sure which board is the best place to post this question. So I just reposted here.  Thanks a lot.

I am a newbie to Labview. I am trying to write some vi to view and write data to Mdsplus.  I have downloaded Mdsplus(labview), and can find the Mdsplus functions, like mdsconnect, mdsput, ect, in the Call Library Function vi. But I have no ideal of how to use it. I tried to use Mdsconnect function to connect to some machine, but it always gives me an error message like, Labview: An exception occurred within the external code called by a call library function node.......  I was searching for help documents on the internet, but couldn't find anything useful. Could you please help me for this problem?  If you have any example of such vi, or teach me how to do it, that would be very helpful. I am using Labview 8 (windows). I would greatly appreciate your help!  Looking forward for your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(5,943 Views)

Hi

MDSplus is datastorage in files in a special way.

So reading and writing files is the way to go

LabVIEW  can support a lot of filetypes or you can read or write files.

The TDMS fileIO maybe supports also MDSplus otherwise it can be extended to such a system

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(5,924 Views)

Hi,

We use LabVIEW 8.5.1 and communicate with an MDSPlus server on a regular basis, so we might be able to help.  I've attached the VIs that we use to open a shot, read an array, and read a floating point.

Greg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(5,903 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author inhp

oops,

I didn't attach these correctly in the previous post.

Greg

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(5,901 Views)

Thanks a lot, Greg!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(5,819 Views)
Greg, I checked the vi you attached. There are some sub-vi missing, such as Mdsconnect.vi, Mdsopen.vi, MdsGetInt.vi and Mdsclose.vi. Could you also please attach those vis? I think the Mdsconnect.vi and Mdsopen.vi are essential to me. Thank you so much!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(5,803 Views)

Hi inhp,

The missing sub-VIs that you mentioned should be in the mdsplus/labview download.  Please check there first and if they are not there I will get them to you. 

Thanks,

Greg

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(5,795 Views)
Thank you so much, Greg.  I found those VIs. 
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(5,775 Views)

Hi inhp,

Great!  I'm glad you got it.  Let me know if I can be of further help.

Greg

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(5,769 Views)

Hi Greg,

I have labview 8.6 and couls not use those mdsplus vi's (not comaptible with labview 8.6). Do you know where to download the compatible mdsplus vi's??

Thanks

Maxxi 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(5,548 Views)