Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remove unsupported software to install the official version on win7

There were a couple of similar posts but not specific to Win7. We have an app that uses the GPIB-USB-HS and ran on Win XP.  We ae migrating the app to Win7.  I installed the drivers/sw that came with the device for XP on the Win7 PC.  The device was not recognized in Win7 so I get version 15.0 of the sw and started to install it.  I gor the error that I needed to uninstall unsupported sw.  The error info was cleanvista (even though I'm running on Win7, not Vista).  Got on the NI website, downloaded the vistacleanuptool.  I uninstalled the old NI sw through the control panel, ran the vistacleanuptool, and it said "Windows Vista was detected.  You do not need to run this tool".  OK, I rebooted anyway, tried to install the latest drivers/sw for the GPIB-USB-HS, got the same error about removing unsuported sw first.  So I am stuck, can't load the new sw until I uninstall the old, can't uninstall the old even though it looks like it's unintsalled (not shown as an installed program in control panel, can't uninstall it with the vistacelanuptool).  Can anyone help with this?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,654 Views)

Hello gene92110,

Could you attach to the next post a picture of the configuration you have right now on NI MAX software tab? 

Regards,
Daniel M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,321 Views)

Thanks for repsonding but we solved the problem by reconfiguring the OS to a restore point before we installed the old drivers.  After that we were able to install the 64-bit drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,316 Views)