From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to control xy axis in labview by using controller ESP301

Dear All,

I am new to Labview. I have downloaded the ESP301_LABVIEW_Drivers (https://www.newport.com/f/esp301-3-axis-dc-and-stepper-motion-controller) and want to use it to control xy axis (two motorized actuators) simultaneously

For example: axis X moves 10 microns, and then axis Y moves10 microns and so on.

However, no option can control two axis simultaneously from the labveiw samples code in ESP301_LABVIEW_Drivers folder and couldn't choose the option of axis to move. If there is no simple way to solve it, I require to modify the code. In that case, how can I do it? What command should use?

Thanks

Henry 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,756 Views)

Hi,

I've used the 301 before but not with the LabVIEW driver. If you read the manual you can create groups that contain multiple axes and send commands to the group to make the moves you want. Does the LabVIEW driver have a Group palette/functions that you can access?

Curt

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,722 Views)

Hi Curt,

Thank you for your comment.

The LabVIEW driver seems do not have a Group palette/functions that I can access.

Do you have any sample code that can show me how to control multiple axes and make the moves?

Many thanks

Henry

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,698 Views)

Hi Henry,

No, I don't have any examples, I wasn't using LabVIEW with the 301. If you read the manual there are some group code examples. Also, I've attached the manual for the LabVIEW 301 driver. That should help.

Good luck

Curt

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,689 Views)