From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to control esp 301 motion controller using labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everybody,

I am new to Labview. I am trying to connect ESP 301 motion controller from Newport to the labview and control it. But I couldn't find the drivers for it online. How can I connct it and using.

I am planning to use it with USB connection.

Could some one please help me in this regard.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(9,721 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ppr12785

It seems from the newport website for the ESP 301 that the device has an extensive library of LabVIEW drivers. These drivers can be found on their FTP site at the following location.

ftp://download.newport.com/MotionControl/Current/MotionControllers/ESP301/Software/

These drivers are developed by NewPort and should provide the necessary interface to communicate with the device. The commands that can be sent using these drivers should be available in the user manual for the device.

Raj
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 10
(9,699 Views)

Hi, the link can not be opened. I found that the labview driver presented in website can not run , always has errors

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,719 Views)
Instead of looking in the current folder, did you try the archive folder? Also when you say something had errors, you have to describe the exact nature of those errors.
Message 4 of 10
(7,712 Views)

I want to order the two axes simultaneously
Ie d .: axis X moves to a stop value, and then 50 microns, and the other axis Y moves to a value of 40 microns, for example,
Not like the program published by the manufacturer which is in link (ftp://download.newport.com/MotionControl/Current/MotionControllers/ESP301/Software/) Ie d (C: \ Program Files \ National Instruments \ LabVIEW 2011 \ user.lib \ Newport ESP301 \ Example :: Motion Virtual Front Panel_libESP301) to program it asks for the choice of the axis (line 1 or line 2).
I want to post an assisted how to make a command to move the 2 Motors directly using front are passed by the choice of axes.

thank you
jilali hallabi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,209 Views)

Hello Jilali,

This is an inactive thread.  Could you please create a new thread, referencing this one?

Also, could you please explain, in the new thread, your desired behavior in more detail?

Thanks,

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(7,190 Views)

Hello Thomas

there are existing facilities:

· Two turntables XY driven by stepper motors 10 microns

· Central ESP301 command to the decks

· Central control and data acquisition: Unit PXI

I want to do the next step
· Control of stepper motors to perform scans on a large scale wafers two or four inches with a very good resolution of up to 10 .mu.m

· Programming the ESP unit 301 microstepping mode by dividing the initial step to make scans on small areas at a resolution of up to 1 .mu.m;

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(7,173 Views)

Hello ucd,

This is an inactive thread.  Can you please create a new thread, referencing this one? This will increase the visibility of this question.

If you have questions on the ESP301, I would contact Newport to discuss how their equipment handles the wanted behavior.

Thanks,

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(7,153 Views)

Is there a current link, I'm trying to download the driver and nothing works

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,558 Views)

Here is the link to the product page of your hardware. If the driver is not on their site, I would advise contacting them.

This instrument driver is NOT supported or maintained by National Instruments. This driver is maintained and supported by the instrument manufacturer or a third party.

https://www.newport.com/f/esp301-3-axis-dc-and-stepper-motion-controller

Anthony M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,539 Views)