Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I prevent ICP22 from automatically installing on start-up?

I stupidly extracted ICP22 onto my NT machine without having all the required upgrades... It will install ICP22 when I restart my machine and I do not want it to do so. What can I remove or alter so that this change does not install when I re-start my machine?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,082 Views)
Hello,

I imagine removing a registry key will do the trick; which one specifically I am not sure. I will look into this, however, if you were planning to install the necessary upgrades and then ICP22, you may try simply installing the latest version of VISA before restarting.

Repost with your desired software state; do you wish to have ICP22 at all?

Thank you,

Jassem
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,064 Views)
No, I do not want ICP22. I want to remain in with the "good old system" that worked flawlessly until a week ago. I'm pretty sure I can fix the problem without installing ICP22.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,059 Views)
Hello again,

The installation, having already occurred, has over-written files and, in fact, installed in most senses of the word. It is recommended that you move to ICP 2.2 for it will be the officially supported and maintained version. Moreover, if you need help updating or upgrading drivers to function with ICP 2.2, guidelines and sometimes assistance is provided by NI! If you would like, you can attempt to uninstall ICP and shared components, and then reinstall the old version. In addition, you may need to manually remove ivi.dll in the event it is not removed and is not automatically over-written by the "old" installation.

Let me know if upgrading is a consideration at all, and I can help and point you to helpful resources!

Repost in either case if you'd like to give an update, or are still having problems!

Thank you,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,043 Views)
I finally got the thing running (turned out my power supplies were not set to talk in SCPI). Regardless, when I restart the computer, I will inevitably be running the newer ICP. Please advise on what I must also install to make sure I upgrade seamlessly. I am running Window NT 4.0 and Labview 6i.
Dan
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,040 Views)
Hello,

LabVIEW 6i is not formally supported by ICP 2.2. There may, however, be a way to get the class support files and specific drivers to work in the upgraded environment (it would not likely be an arduous process). In order to assess this possibility, can you give a list of HW and SW (especially IVI specific drivers) which you are using in your system?

If you decide that you would like revert, there is a formal document with instructions if you want to go back to a previous version of ICP; here is the document that explains how:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/f0f3879512239b8886256cf3007bee4f?OpenDocument

Also, the following uninstall instructions are directly from the ICP 2.2 readme file:

Uninstall Considerations
Complete the following steps to uninstall IVI Compliance Package 2.2:
1. Select Start»Settings»Control Panel»Add/Remove Programs.
2. Select National Instruments Software and click Remove.
3. Select NI IVI Compliance Package 2.2 and click Uninstall.
Note: After you uninstall IVI Compliance Package 2.2, the IVI Shared Components remain on the system. Complete the following steps to uninstall the IVI Shared Components:
1. Select Start»Settings»Control Panel»Add/Remove Programs.
2. Select IVI Shared Components and click Change/Remove.
Note: If you installed IVI Compliance Package 2.2 as part of another distribution that depends on IVI Compliance Package 2.2, you cannot uninstall IVI Compliance Package 2.2 without uninstalling the dependent product.

I look forward to your repost, in the event you'd like to complete the upgrade.

Thank you,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,021 Views)