From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gpib won't communicate

hi all.

I have 2 identical usb-GPIB adapter, and two different PC with the same acquisition software written in LabView, in the first machine, i can use both usb-GPIB interface with no problems.

on the second PC, the first interface works perfectly, the second one, instead, is recognized perfectly in windows device manager, but when i try to communicate with my instruments, the software says "oscilloscope was not found, check the cable or the instrument", what can i try??

thanks for the support. David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,696 Views)

Hello,

do you have all the needed drivers also in the second PC?

Which software gives you the error message? Is the LV application? You should check out which condition creates that error.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,649 Views)
hello and thanks for the replay, i think the drivers are installed correctly, cause the second usb-gpib adaptor works perfectly on both pcs. if i work on the pc that have the problem with one usb-gpib adaptor all works perfectly, with the second nothing works, all my labview applications (flux probe analysis, partial discharge logger, etc) says unable to communicate with the instrument, (and with all instruments i try to use: oscilloscopes, multimeters etc.) it seems that the interface is faulty and won't to communicate over gpib bus, but on the second pc it works perfectly.. PS: ready led appear on the interface ever with all configurations.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,646 Views)

Hi David, 

what about posting on italian forum? I think it would be way too better since I am not able to understand your point.

If you are getting troubles with the interface on both the PC the problem is for sure of the interface.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,640 Views)