Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gpib for shimadzu UV-Vis spectrophotometer

I have a Shimadzu UV160U spectrophotometer. It supposed to have a GPIB interface but all I can see is a 14-pin connector in the back, not the standard 24 pin connector.

Does anyone have a pointer to the GPIB manual for this instrument? The company doesn't have it anymore.

Once I got the manual, would the NI interface work if I re-solder a 24-pin connector to it with proper wire mapping?

Thanks!

Junko

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,800 Views)

You are most likely mistaken about the 14-pin connector being a GPIB connector.

In addition, if the instrument has RS-232, you can also use that.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,780 Views)

Yes, I could be wrong.

The instrument manual did not discuss the two connectors in the back, only mentioned options like: a plotter interface, a GP-IB interface, and an RS232 port. I saw on another machine with an RS232 connector added on. So the two existing ports maybe plotter and GPIB. The one I guessed as the plotter port looks like a serial port while the one I guessed for GP-IB has that special GPIB or SCSI look, except the pin count is 14.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,776 Views)

It sounds like you are a newbie at this.

Without a photo it is hard to tell, but I have NEVER seen a 14-pin GPIB connector.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,769 Views)
Fourteen pins is not enough for the gpib interface so you'll have to use the RS232 interface. Get a real manual.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,761 Views)

please can u give me the programme of Shimadzu UV160U because i have uv1240 and I need the programme please !!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,871 Views)