Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gpib addressing(gpib guru)

hi

i still have not managed to send data bytes using the go to standby command. the gts command is working but the 7210 is not being addressed as a talker. it has a TA (talker addressed) bit that needs to be asserted to be able to send the bytes.

it seems that the chip is not recognizing that it's address is 0! on a command of MTA0 it does not address itself to talk.if i manage to assert the TA bit before standby it should be ok to send data bytes.

any ideas thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,787 Views)
I believe it is the 9914 chips that typically have a mode where the chip does not by default listen to commands that it sources. I do not recall the 7210 having that behavior, but since you are using a different 7210 than I am familiar with, you may want to look up to see if it could be in that mode. If I recall, it was called LWC (Listen when Controller) .

Another couple options
1) Make sure you have configured the 7210 for PAD0.
2) Make sure that the command is being sent across the bus. You should poll on the CO bit after writing it to the CDOR to be certain that the command byte has been received by all devices before deasserting ATN.

Otherwise, I think you need to talk to the manufacturer of the 7210 as it is not behaving as a normal 7210 chip do
es.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,787 Views)