Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga serial communication

hello,

i am using Crio and i am having a problem in serial communication even i flowed the exact steps from the exampls i always recive the same error which is "poly VI visa configure serial port: bad linkage to sub vi" is it a visa settup issue?? knowing that when i run NI MAX it indicates that there is a visa error under the peripheric and interfaces of my Crio.

thax in advance.

Message 1 of 11
(5,163 Views)

Hello moho,

Could you post a screenshot of the error?

Regards,

Nadine H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,132 Views)

hi Nadine,

thank you for your reply, i had some configuration errors and it is ok now. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,111 Views)

I'm glad to hear that you managed to resolve the errors you were seeing.

Have a great day!

Nadine H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,100 Views)

hi Nadine,

since i dont have a digital input module i tried to use the serial port RS232 on my Crio to read the data from an absolute encoder in order to perform PID control for  a dc motor, but the problem is that the data took too match time to be read; there is a big delay between the first read position and the next one, please i need help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,091 Views)

Hello moho,

How are you configuring your Serial communication?

Which example are you following?

Can you post a screenshot of your code?

Nadine H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,071 Views)

hello Nadine,

ok here a snapshot of my vi:

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,057 Views)

and when i tried to save the data in a file ian error occured i dont know the reason!!!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,055 Views)

Hi moho,

Have you tried running any of the examples that come with LabVIEW to test this out? If so which examples? Are you getting similar behavior when you try running those?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,025 Views)

HI,

i have reduced the number of bytes to read to 4, but still the same problem now some times it start working normal than began to slow down and some time it is too slow even when i change the slide controller its indicator took time to change, although it should be instantinouse.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,001 Views)