Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fluke45 serial commnication, problems when parsing

hi.

I use the Fluke 45 via rs232 and when I send a command like for instance "VAC" the Fluke reponds with a "=>" as a ok for valid command. this means that when I send the read&parse command "val?" the Fluke cannot parse correctly because the first data it parses is the"=>" from the previous command.
I managed to solve this by reading&parsing the Fluke twice. Firstly it reads the ok "=>" and outputs it as as token1 and then I send "val?" for a second read&parse. This gives me two tokens out from Instrument assistant and I am wondering if there is a setting in the instrument so that it doesnt return "=>" aafter I give it a command like "VAC" or"VDC" .
Anyone?

Thanks.
Fredrik
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,041 Views)
You'd have to look in the instrument manual to see if such a command exists. Instead of using the Instrument I/O Assistant though, why don't you use the instrument driver that you can download from here? Looing at it, it does an extra read after sending a command so it's doing the same thing you're doing. Using the driver will be a lot more flexible though.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,032 Views)
I agree with Dennis. Take the ready-made instrument driver from NI´s homepage for easy handling.

Only for information:
On side 5-37 in your manual (fluke45) is a programming BASIC example mapped. There is a subroutine especially for command check founded on line 1000. In analogy to this programming structure in BASIC you can handbuild your own instrument driver.

Message Edited by Indiana on 04-26-2005 10:40 AM

Message 3 of 4
(3,028 Views)
ok. thanks. Now it is workin ok.
regards Fredrik
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,008 Views)