Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1935 when installing VISA 3.2 WITHOUT Framework 2.0 installed

I want to use a NI PCMCIA-232/2 card.
I installed the latest update of NI serial 1.7 for this purpose. (Win XP)
This installs also NI VISA 3.2.
During the installation of VISA 3.2 I got the folllowing message:

Error 1395. An error occured during the installation of assembly component{54AA397D-A0A5-4F84-9740-8753CFB71B5A}. HRESULT: -2147319761.
Continue?

I reply for the installation to continue anyway.
As a result, all my COM ports disappeared from NI MAX and I can not use the PCMCIA-232/2.

I checked in the knowledge base, there is a similar problem reported. But in my case neither Framework 2.0 nor Visual studio are installed.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,196 Views)
Can you check in the Windows registry to see if the following key exists.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\v2.0

To open up the registry, go to Start->Run and execute regedit. Then, just navigate through the folders for the path above, to see if the folders exist. It's possible that something installed the .NET framework that you are not aware of.

-Josh
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,184 Views)
Josh,
I did check. There is indeed a key concerning Framework in the registry. But it is related to the version 1.1

in the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\standards\Standard CLI 2002
I have two keys:
- name:"default" type:REG_SZ value: not set
- name:"v1.1.4322" type REG_DWORD value: 4096
But I haven't got any trace of the v2.0.

Damien
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,178 Views)
Try installing with logging by calling "setup.exe /l*v c:\serial170install.txt" from the command prompt and then post the text file.

-Josh
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,169 Views)
Josh,
I fixed my problem. I got this error because of the VISA 3.2 drivers. I went back to the VISA 3.1 and everything works just wonderfully.
The PCMCIA RS232/2 card operates normally and all my other COM ports appeared back in the NI MAX.
Thanks,
Damien
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,153 Views)