Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 0 when communicating with sr830 over GPIB

Hallo!
I'm using the "data storage example.vi" (from the sr830 driver package for LabView6.1) as an subvi in my main program which executes this subvi periodically. Although i didn't change anything in this subvi, i only get wrong data or eventually error0: "Can't connect to driver or device". This is a miracle to me since other subvis that communicate with the SR830 through GPIB work fine and i can configure the device completely from out of LabView.
Are there any known bugs with the "data storage example.vi"? Do i have to pay attention to something special? I checked through the whole subvi and everything seems logic to me..

Thanks for help,
Daniel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,183 Views)
Hi,

there isn't a knowing bug in this example.
You should try to run this application in the "Highlight Execution" mode, to become further informations.

if you don't solve the problem, attach next time the vi and some screenshots.

regards,
Thomas Sandrisser
NI Germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,183 Views)
Hallo!
I had already used the highlight execution mode and could localize the errorsource (GPIB receive.vi) but I still don't know the reason for this error. I can't get any valid measure points from the SR830 and the eventually appears the error 0.

I attached my program in full and some screenshots,
Thanks for your help,

Daniel Ewert
RWTH Aachen -Bioverfahrenstechnik
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,183 Views)
I can't see any problem in the code, but i havn't your device here for a complete test...
Perhaps needs your device an EOI Flag or something like this.
In Addition you can start your NI Spy Software and look on it during the execution of the application.

You should try to download the newer version of the driver http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=E3B19B3E93F3659CE034080020E74861
If you don't have installed the newest version of the 488.2 driver (2.20)

Here is the URL for hw configuration/installation troubleshooter: http://www.ni.com/support/install/

regards
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,183 Views)
I can't update to 488.2 version 2.20 since I'm working on a nt-system (I tried the whole thing on a win98-machine and received errormessages during installation of the 2.20-driver, so I formatted the whole pc)
Using the NI Spy I recorded the attached logfile, which showed up some errors, but I can't understand these errors properly..
Maybe you have a hint?

Thank you,
Daniel Ewert
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,183 Views)